Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Light up the Halo

A couple nights ago I went to an Angels baseball game, the Angels are the only baseball team in Orange County and having grown up here, naturally I've been a fan my whole life. At least once a summer since I was small my family would all pile in the car and head off to Angels Stadium to root on the home team.
It was my first time going this season so I was pretty excited to see my team play.
One of my favorite things about going to a baseball game is first stepping into to the stadium, everyone is bustling around in their team's gear and there is an air of anticipation that is rare to find elsewhere.
Not to mention the men going up and down the stands yelling, "Peanuts! Popcorn! Cracker Jacks!"
I went with my boyfriend Ronan from London who still ins't convinced that baseball is a real sport.
My brother who, "just goes to watch baseball" because he finds cheering on a particular team too stressful.
And lastly, my friend Brett from college who is a pretty good laugh all around.
Baseball is similar to Soccer (football for you non-Americans) in that it's usually not very high scoring but the fans genuinely appreciate every second of the game.






The look of uncertainty.




After hours spent hootin' and hollerin', eating peanuts, and having an all around good time; the game finally came to an end.
Luckily for us, the final score was 11-3  the Angels came out on top!
Highest scoring game I've ever seen & I think Ronan's a little bit more willing to call baseball a real sport.

1 comment :

  1. Looks like you had fun, looking forward to more posts!

    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Okay, I'm done talking now it's your turn =]