Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

T-Rexcellent!

I bet you didn't know this but California has dinosaurs.
And I'm not talking about fossils, We're talking about life size dinos.
They live in the desert on the way to Palm Springs, right next to a date farm.
BTW the date farm owns a little restaurant called, Hadley's.
They make the absolute best date shakes in the world, it is probably a moral sin to pass this place and not stop by to get one.
It may be 110 degrees and howling wind (like it was when I went), but my friend, it is worth it and you will thank me.
Anyways, back to the dinosaurs.






Oh hey there they are.
Yeah, it is the weirdest place, they are literally in a parking lot next to a gas station.
Not sure what the thought process was for the guy who put them there.
Maybe he had just one the lottery and really liked dinosaurs?
Sure let's go with that.
But that still doesn't explain the location...between a date farm and a gas station.
Hmm, any ideas?


It's one of those touristy things that your parents would have made you take a picture with when you were little on family vacation, but now that you are grown up you know it's really lame and cheesy but you need to take a picture with it anyways.
As you can see due to the aforementioned wind, I am being blown away.
It's cooler if you pretend that another T-Rex is RAWRING very ferociously from the left side.

Well that's all for today you crazy kids, but stay tuned to hear about my trip to Palm Springs!





36 comments :

  1. Kind of loving that! Random dinosaurs? Why the heck not!

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I know! There should be more random dinosaurs in the world!

      Delete
  2. Those childish photos are even more worth (and more fun) the older you get! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It is so much fun, I can't get enough cheesy photos haha

      Delete
  3. looks like you had fun! let me know if you want to follow each other. :)

    louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!

    http://thewearwithal.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I know! I wanted to get a picture riding one but I couldn't figure out how to climb up there

      Delete
  6. Random discoveries like these are so fun! :)

    I wanted to invite you to join our Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Tuesday nights till the end of Saturday, come link up if you have some time :)
    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/07/meet-greet-blog-hop-36.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Laurie, I know they really are! And thanks for the invite, I just joined the blog hop and started following you on bloglovin [=

      Delete
  7. Haha as you say, these are soooo cheesy, but you just have to take a pic anyway. Love it. Your blog has definitely inspired me to plan a trip to California a-sap. I have a friend that lives there and I've kind of already invited myself to stay with him early next year.

    Backpacks & Broken Cameras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, there's so much to see and eat here! I do te same things with my friends when I go the the UK haha

      Delete
  8. Haha this made me giggle. I love finding crazy things like that. I love your style of writing too. x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura! Glad to hear someone gets me weird sense of humor haha

      Delete
  9. Those dinosaurs are so cute! :D Great pics!

    inaparisianstyle.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is weirdly really exciting. I love dinosaurs more than I probably should and these photos make me super happy.

    Jo

    Peonies and American Honey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this looks like a lot of fun. They're absolutely enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Amazing photos! Would you like to follow each other via GFC, bloglovin' and facebook?

    Evi xoxo

    Check my transparent bag collection and shop online on evvou.tictail.com

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are gorgeous :)

    http://flightvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like you're having so much fun! how could you NOT take a pic of the dinosaurs?! lol :)

    Jessi

    www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cool place! Would love to see them in real life!

    Brigita,
    http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos! Thank you for following me! I'm following you back on Bloglovin!

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Those dinosaurs are just waiting to be posed against!

    Fancy a mutual follow on Bloglovin'?

    ♥ Sarah | HeySarahLee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 110 degrees? Wow that's incredibly hot! But i love these dinosaurs, what a cool concept. Cant wait to see your pictures from palm springs xx
    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't that just crazy! The post for Palm Springs is up!
      VVVV
      http://californianstateofmind.blogspot.com/2013/08/some-like-it-hot.html

      Delete
  19. I did actually know California had dinosaurs! But... it's still awesomely cool!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, I'm done talking now it's your turn =]